Monday, October 11, 2010

Doug Bucci

One thing Doug Bucci said that really had an impact on me was "when you're comfortable with something, you're not learning." When thinking more in depth about this, I realized I agreed with what he was saying. When you are at ease with what you are doing, it becomes more about routine than trying new things. I also liked that he suggested to use "what you know best" as jumping off point, because what you know best is what you're comfortable with and you need to move outside your comfort zone to learn. Another thing I found fascinating was how he incorporated digital technology into his work through printouts and connecting his insulin software to his digital software. It's interesting that you can use digital technology in so many other areas of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment