Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Jessica Hische

I really enjoyed Jessica's talk because the work that she does is more similar to what I am interested in doing. Her Daily Drop Cap project was great to look at because it provided vivid examples of just how many options there are with typography, which is a major part of graphic design. She also had excellent advice that will definitely come in handy in the future, such as having to go through all the motions to know what will work for you and watching out for copyright and licensing issues. And other suggestions such as taking a calligraphy class and keeping in mind other fonts that would go well with your illustrations and fonts. Although I don't have much experience with Adobe, I really want to learn how to work with typography and more of the elements that make up graphic design because that is what I'm most interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment