Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Candy Depew

I really enjoyed Candy Depew's presentation, even though it didn't have as much to do with studio space as designing spaces. Her designs were very eye-catchingly bright and has a certain style about her work that I would probably be able to identify right away. One part of her discussion that I particularly liked was near the end when she discussed screen printing because I've done screen printing before and loved it and it was interesting to see all of the designs she had made. She has also had great opportunities such as working in the Kohler factory in Wisconsin and having a studio in Times Square in NYC. She also discussed the importance of apprenticeship. I think being apprentice would be a valuable experience because you get real experience in what you want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment