Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Text Art


The assignment was to use text in three different ways. The first project was abstract, mainly experimenting with different fonts and weights and lines. The second project was to do a representational picture. I chose to do a flower and then used different font sizes and heaviness to show shading on the flower. I had the most fun with this one and liked the way it turned out. However, if I could go back and do things over, I might experiment more with different fonts for heaviness and be more precise with some of the shading. The third project was to take a word and express the emotion through text. This was probably the one I had the most difficulty with because I didn't completely understand what it meant to express the emotion through text. If given the chance to do it again, I would probably choose a different word to express. Overall it was interesting to experiment with Adobe Illustrator because I have used it before, but not for doing art with typography.

No comments:

Post a Comment